The 2014/15 Indigenous Youth Leadership Program (IYLP) has been completed. If you are keen to become a IYLP Field Staff member please check this page on a regular basis to see when our next intake will be later in 2015.
Our IYLP Field Staff are dynamic Indigenous Australian leaders, educators and managers with experience in leadership, youth work, and community work to lead a group of enthusiastic Indigenous Australian and Ni-Vanuatu youth on an upcoming community development project in Vanuatu.
Please refer to the IYLP program page for details on the program and project details.
Working closely with a team of international staff and volunteers, you will receive training in and manage the preparation, coordination and facilitation of a 6 week rural community development project. This position also involves working in partnership with teams of local and international youth, and working with community members and associations, support staff, local program office and Australian office.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to build experience and skills in:
- Youth Work;
- Report Writing and Financial Management;
- Project Management;
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution; and
- Cross Cultural Communication.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR FIELD STAFF
To be considered for the Indigenous Youth Leadership Program (IYLP) in Vanuatu as Field Staff, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Experience working with youth in a leadership capacity;
- Willing and physically able to undertake an 8 week leadership, training, community development and cultural exchange project in Vanuatu and Australia;
- 25 years or older;
- Positive towards others and willing to engage with people of different cultures and languages;
- Motivated to make a difference in the world;
- Eligible for or currently hold an Australian Passport; and
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
ROLE / POSITION DESCRIPTION
Please find below the Field Staff Position Description for the December 2014 Indigenous Youth Leadership Program.
Applications are currently closed – stay tuned for our next intake later in 2015.
To apply for the position you need to complete an online application form which you can access here.